Thursday, February 14, 2013

News Media and Carnival Triuimph issues




I do not think I would want a news persons job.  Seems like, even if this is not true, that the name of the game, is report the “negative”.  The thought of having to think negative all the time, runs a chill up my spine.

The above came to mind, when watching the news last night and today.  In reference to the Triumph disaster.  The way it was announced, “Will folks be cancelling their upcoming cruise vacation due to distaster”.  I thought, what ?

Crazily, such issues have actually caused more sales !  It reminds folks, oh, I forgot to buy my cruise !  And ... Now's the time to go !  Things get safer after an incident !

Also I heard the woman on the World News say … I wouldn’t get on another ship … I would suit them !  That’s sad.  Someone in the spotlight, to suggest and encourage such negative response.   Very sad !   I think she said, she had never cruised before.  So it’s actually her, that I feel sorry for ; to include the negativity !

WOW.  First of all, WHY put fear in folks, when they didn’t have any !  WHY ruin the thought process of a fun upcoming vacation !  As a consumer, I think I would be more upset, that there was someone out there, that encouraged, “think negative” and "spoiling of fun".

Luckily on the news, they put some cruisers, who cleared the air.  That they will; cruise again and they can’t wait !  Here Here cruisers !  You tell them ! 
 
Don’t allow anyone spoil your fun … Especially, not even the media !  Travel Writers ? Now that's a different story !  They know this industry ... Doubt many in the media do (?).
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment