Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My take on Carnival Cruise Line




Folks ask me all the time if I like them.  Naturally, as an agent, I realize the person asking, is referencing, to whether I would cruise on them or not. 

Sure I would !  I do !  I've been on 25+ cruises on Carnival.  My first Carnival cruise was probably not till # 10-12-or 13, and I've not been on 117 cruises.


Then folks ask, "What about all this trouble Carnival has been getting into ?"  Of course, I want to say, "What trouble ?".  Of course, I know they are actually asking me how I feel about all the technical issues they have been having.  And then I think in my mind, "What about it".

In general, STUFF HAPPENS !

What about folks who over draft their bank account 3-4 times a year ? Does that make them a bad person ?  Or could it be possible, that it was totally out of their control ?

What about folks who are late for work 3-4 times a year ?  Does that make them a bad person ?  Or again, could it have been out of their control ?

There are so many things out of our control, not matter how much we pre-plan, organize, do everything to avoid, etc !


Remember, there are a lot of reasons that the Cruises Line are "in the news".  One, it makes a good story.  And there are reason the general consumer doesn't know, nor understand !

Your child getting an F on his last test, does that hit the news ?  No, doesn't make good reading material.  Of course, if it were in relations to a one of our celebrity's, maybe it would !


Remember, Carnival is a big player in our industry.  Not only a separate entity, but they also own Princess, Holland America, Seabourn, Costa, and others that most consumers are not aware of.

We need Carnival.  Not only with the competitiveness of the industry, but the money it brings to us in the US, and the "fun" it brings to many folks on vacation !



Here are a few reasons from Cruises Inc's owner, Brad Tolkin:


Healthy Diversity. A healthy, profitable and diverse range of suppliers is critical to the success of the distribution channel.
Largest Player in the Space. Carnival is the largest cruise line for North America.

Close to Home. They have the most ships in drive markets (US departure ports) for North American consumers.
High Value Alternative. Carnival provides an incredible value and awesome experience to cruisers.

New Cruisers. Carnival attracts more new cruisers than any other cruise line. 


Brad also adds: 

Cruisers are buying Carnival.  In spite of the media assault on the Carnival brand, everyday Carnival is the number #1 or #2 cruise line.
 
 
When is your next Carnival cruise ?  Remember to make those plans today !


 

No comments:

Post a Comment