Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Cruising from Norfolk is few. October 2015 almost sold out !




Each year I receive calls from folks asking for cruises from Norfolk.  As if there are ships sailing 24/7 in Norfolk. 

“I would like a cruise over Christmas”. 
“I would like to take my family on a cruise this summer”.

Though such a request may not sound silly to folks who have this vacation desire, to those of us in the industry, the request is actually shocking !  That folks aren’t more aware of what is going on in their own state cruise port ! 

Sure taking a cruise is for pleasure !  But the money it brings to your state is even more vital !

So if you don’t know … Cruises from Norfolk are few and far between.  Matter of fact, in 2014, there were none.  WOW !  What this is doing to our Virginia economy !

One of the reasons there are not more cruises from Norfolk is supply and demand.  When the ships are here, they seem to have a hard time filling up.  Why should the ships stay in Norfolk if they can’t fill them up ?  If we don’t support them ? 
 

Well, there is ONE sailing in 2015 that is NOT having a problem selling up ! 
And that’s October 23 sailing for 7 nights to Bermuda !

Why is it selling so fast ?
#1, some folks make their next cruise purchase as soon as new itineraries are released !
#2, some folks will only sail from Norfolk so they are alert to any new sailings !
#3, its been awhile since a ship sailed from Norfolk to Bermuda.  Doesn’t take long for the word to get out !
#4, there’s only ONE sailing !

I’m personally holding 50 cabins.
However, apparently, the folks on my FB or maybe here reading my blog, aren’t those who have been “jolted” to the 4 reasons I’ve listed above.  Mine are still sitting here !  Maybe folks of LYH don't want in on this opportunity ?



I’ve heard things like, I don’t know what I will be doing in 16 months.  My response is, “Do you think all these folks who have already bought, know where their lives might be in 16 months”.  No, but they hope they will be sailing on that cruise to Bermuda !
Why not have something to look forward to !

Rates have gone up since I purchased.
Come June 18 this year … Carnival will be asking me for my space back.
Why so early ?
They want them back to sell at a higher price !

You want me to partake in providing Carnival an opportunity to sell at higher rates ?
You want to pay higher rates when you finally get around to deciding ?
You think it’s best to wait till last minute and see if you can still get in at good deal ?
So you know … I am already having hard time, finding a decent cabin location and I have 50 cabins.

Having 50 cabins does NOT mean locations.  It means rate.  I have 50 cabins that I can sell at the select categories I have chosen.

(434/800) 237-3832 … press 62 if only want to talk.
Press 61 & transfer to me directly, if you have CC in hand !
4F inside only $ 691pp
8C balcony only $ 921pp
Govt fees $ 142.09 (to me, this tax is low for Bermuda).

 
And as long as 5 cabins sell from my group, each cabin will receive $100 onboard credit !

Hurry !  Help make more money for Virginia … Invite your friends from other states ! 
And don’t make me have to give this space back to Carnival at the June 18 deadline !



 

No comments:

Post a Comment