Friday, November 7, 2014

Where the cheapest cruise may get you !




Sometime, I get calls from new callers asking me for a cheap cruise !  “Value” is more the word, the folks in the industry prefer to use !

We all love value.  And we all like to go on vacation for at as low of a cost as we can.

But where might cheap get you ?

Could it land you on a cruise that no one else wants ?  Or on a date that no one else wants ?  And what about the fact that “cheap” is what is available for folks who can’t afford to cruise ?

Is that what you really want ?

Wouldn’t you prefer to sail with folks of your same type ?  Same interests ? Same type income as you ?  Same thought process as you ?

Last March, my mother and I went on the MSC Divina.  Wow, did we get a great rate ! 

Fortunate for us, the clientele was great.  Mostly foreigners.  I must say, they dress better at the pool and for dinner than most Americans, who sail “cheap”. 

However, this is not the norm on most “cheap” cruises !  If every Tom-Dick-and Harry can afford, than that’s usually exactly who will be onboard !  Doesn’t do a lot of good to come back and complain to me about the clientele onboard, if it was YOU, who choose “cheap” !

The cheaper you go, may also determine the entertainment provided.  Again, lucky for me and mom, the MSC Divina had great production shows !  Not just 2 nights, like most 7 night cruises … But every night !  My mother and I loved them !

Also cheap can involve the décor !  Years past, I was on many a cruise with little or no décor, and yes, they were cheap !  FYI … The MSC Divina was beautiful !  One of the most luxurious looking ships I’ve seen in a while !

Then there’s the food !  Most ships do a fair job, even if it’s not every night.  However, other ships have many paid dining venues, like NCL.  That for me, tells me I need to plan on buying the venues if I want good food !  And sadly, that’s where the MSC Divina fell short.  Food was awful !

My true point is not really about cruise line to choose.  It’s actually about cost. 

Such as, if the same ship on March 15 cost $ 1499 for a balcony but Jan 3 only cost $ 599, it truly may determine who may be onboard with you !

Though I too love a great rate, you need to prepare yourself, when you choose the cheaper dates !  Need to decide what’s more important to you.  And whether you will come back complaining over your choice !

Happy choosing !

No comments:

Post a Comment