Friday, February 13, 2015

The perfect Honeymoon Love story (testimony). The value of “vacation time with a mate” and it’s rejuvenation to the relationship ! Even when you didn’t know you needed it.



I began a conversation the other day with some of my associates.  The topic … Partners who won’t choose to take a true get-away vacation.  Meaning, the mate has asked the partner, over and over, that they might choose to for them to get-away together, yet the partner refuses to budge.  

I stated, that it was “Sad, partners won’t choose to leave more than a couple of days for vacation.  They can’t imagine the rejuvenation it could give to them ! The added romance, etc !  Not choosing to see the needs of a mate, can be perceived as selfish.”.
 

Subject including reasons heard by mates, that their partner gives in not wanting to get away.

·         Animals

·         Children

·         Grandchildren

·         Work, to include volunteer work

·         Phobias

·         Other

Our conversation also included, but not limited to, how we all admit, we hate to leave our animals and families behind, when getting away.  And how it’s true, work often gets behind.    (Please note, this topic is NOT against the reasons; it’s about not choosing vacation at the request of a mate).

The conversation continued with it’s main purpose ….  Special time, designated with our mates are valuable to any relationship.  

·         Karen mentioned … “How some people in a relationship don't understand how detrimental it is to their relationship to ignore the needs of their partner, who wants to get away and reconnect with them. If a person keeps ignoring the needs of his or her partner, it can create a wedge in the relationship, the relationship may suffer and/or end because of it”.

·         Melissa stated … “Agree that not being attentive to your partner's wants and needs could be perceived as selfish!”.

Next Kimberly chimed in and shared with us, her own personal honeymoon love story (testimony) … In reference to … “The wedge”.  
“I totally agree with you on the importance of taking a vacation helping with the health of a relationship! I wouldn't have known it before my honeymoon (last month, my husband and i took a 3 week honeymoon going to Universal Studios Orlando, WDW & a 7 day cruise).

Before we got married, we have been together for 11 years! We hardly ever fight, we spend all of our time together and share the same hobbies. We watch tv together, play games together, have a dog together! We were always surrounded by friends and family (we are super family oriented). We felt that our relationship was just great and there was no holes!
Then we took this 3 week honeymoon. 3 weeks of just me and him. And you know what...we ended up filling a hole, we didn't even know we had! A "wedge" like Karen had mentioned! This wedge/hole was created by forgetting to specifically focus on our RELATIONSHIP because we got lost in the day to day...in family and friends...in the daily grind of life. We didn't realize that we lost WHO we are as a couple. So we spent 3 weeks spending time together ALONE and that made us EVEN CLOSER!

We both couldn't believe it! We both didn't expect the change or the difference. Now we're even more in love and have an even stronger relationship!  So maybe, you can share the story with your clients who don't realize the importance of taking time off with their loved one! Maybe there is a hole/wedge there that they didn't even know existed! 
And let me tell you … I never gave vacationing too much thought before I joined this company, to be honest with you.  I always thought "Yeah, I would LOVE to go to Hawaii or England or wherever! " but I always found plenty of excuses as to why I couldn't go. "My business needs me." "My family won't survive without me." (I don't have kids by the way. I just take care of everything. LOL)

Then I joined this company and my desire to vacation increased because I kept seeing all those great deals/flyers/emails/etc with the gorgeous pictures! LOL I guess I got hit by a travel bug.

So when the honeymoon came around, I thought "Well, if I'm going to take the time off, I might as well make sure to do whatever it is we really want to do". My husband and I are big Disney fans! It was part of our bucket list to go to WDW. So we decided we would spend at least 8 days there to make sure we got to experience it all!
Then I thought "Well if we're going to Orlando...how can we NOT go to Universal Studios and see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?" So we added another 4 days for Universal. XD LOL Then I thought "I'm a travel agent! I should go on a cruise too while I'm in Florida!". I was going to book a 3 day cruise, but then decided on a 7 day cruise.” 

Hmm...my whole mentality was that if we were going to go away for our honeymoon, we wanted to make sure it was memorable and get a lot of rest/fun for ourselves! Plus I figure if I'm buying airfare, I might as well get the most bang for my buck! LOL
It was one of the best decisions I ever made to take that long honeymoon. 2 weeks would have been plenty by the way! By the 3rd week we were missing home quite badly! LOL But basically, by taking a 3 week honeymoon we were able to rejuvenate our relationship, fill that hole, experience tons of new things, truly relax and start our new life together with a big bang!

Also it has helped my work ethic.  I don't feel all tired and think "ugh, another work day...." ! LOL That 3 week honeymoon made me actually MISS work!  Crazy right?”.

 
Well, you’ve heard it direct from a person who admits, she never knew the value of vacation, with a  mate … What personal time with a mate can bring to a relationship … Even when you didn’t know you needed it !

 
Unfortunately,  I have several clients, who will not opt to get away, at the request of their mate, no matter it’s reason.  Also have a family member, who never believed in vacation.  After 18 years, chose to go on a 3 night cruise.  After the cruise, they split.  It was possibly, too late to save or not long enough in helping them.

I’m in the business of cruises because of what vacation taught me !  I believe vacation saved me.  I’m a work-a-holic.  To help me, I need to get away about every two months !  It not only rejuvenates me, I come back with new ideas and goals !
If your partner won’t get away, don’t give up !  They need this vacation as much as you  need it !  Whether it’s for the relationship or coming back to a better work energy !

And if your boss won’t take a vacation.  Choose to tell that boss out right … If they don’t want vacation for them, do it for everyone else on the job !  (smile).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment