Friday, March 30, 2012

Caller asks Vivian, How do I know if a cruise coupon or discounted cruise package is legit ? Please, Help me get the message out to YOUR friends !


This caller, I had just met, two days prior, when she called me, asking me if I could give a free cruise away for her organization. Unfortunately, we pay the same price as you pay for the vacation and the cruise lines do not give away cruises. They do offer packages for non-profit organizations, to give-away, but that’s a story for another day.

Anyway, today she called me back, and asked me, “How do I know if a cruise coupon or discounted cruise package is legit ?”


I said, #1, If you can not buy this same package from any travel agent, or through a large cruise-only agency, such as Cruises Inc, then it’s not real. Everything, related to a cruise, can be bought through every agency out there, and if it’s a lower rate than at your local travel agency, then you need to be sure you’re with a legit Large Cruise-only agency, cause these are the only agencies that the cruise lines legally give lower rates to offer their clients.

#2, Are they telling you that you can use the package anytime within a year or 18 months ?
She said, yes.
I said, that is your “normal #1 red-flag to the consumer” … Don‘t buy !
The name of the game, is that you’re not going to buy right away. You will wait, and by the time you are ready to go, they are long gone !
I didn’t go into more details like, when you’re ready, the date you want is not available; or in reality, you will never use this, and it’s just money in their pocket !

#3, I said, did they offer, that you will go on Majestic Cruise Lines or Discovery Cruises, or something of this sort … and off brand ?

She said, she didn’t go that far to see the information.
I said, normally what they are offering. Please note, this is not a cruise. This is like a “ferry service” over to Freeport. A true-legit cruise, you spend the night on !
I said, besides, what they usually do, is after you buy, you are contacted, asking if you want to go on a Carnival cruise, or a cruise line of this nature. Then when they give you the price, it’s the same price, had you gone direct to a travel agent and bought it, without every paying down the money on the original offer.

I said, all in all, there is no, lets cut corners and it be real, when it comes to cruises (travel).

I said to her, Thank you for calling me. I started “tuning-up” and my eyes filling with tears.
I said, this is why I got in this business. This is why I am here. I am here to protect you.
I said, I just wish I could reach more people.

She sincerely said, Thank you so much, for taking this time out with me. You have helped me so much !


I got off the phone and just boo-hood.
If this woman had not chosen to trust me and called me back for advice, her organization or the winner, would have had this package in their hands.


I never got in this business to make money !
(And it's truly a good thing I didn't start this business thinking I was going to make any personal income ! First of all, the cruise line pays me nothing, if that caller doesn't buy; and very minimal if they do; I don't get paid by the hour; So, I figure I donate $10 an hour of my past saved money, back to the industry ...heheh. Yeah, that's real !) …

I got in this business to protect LYH folk … And with all the out-of-state referrals, my client base is now about 40% out of the state of Virginia.
So though I am very unhappy that I am not reaching more LYH folk, I’m so glad that my out-of-town customers are reminding their family and friends, that I’m here.

What I get out of this ... Knowing YOU are protected (and I see all the cruise discounts, so I know when to buy for myself; I do not get my cruises free).
This was not some fluke, that I got in with Cruises Inc. I choose Cruises Inc 26+ years ago, after intense study, to be sure this was the right agency in protecing my clients (I sent out 250 letters; and while they interviewed me, I intervied them). Cruises Inc's state of the art technology, which no other agency has, checks your cruise at least 4 times before each client sails, to be sure the cruise line has not messed up your booking (consumers don't realize, that every time they call the cruise line or Cruises Inc, to ask a question, thier booking is opened up by a cruise line reservation, who can easily punch the wrong button and your cruise is gone, without you knowing till time to sail). And when I first book you, we have staff who are paid to find mistakes, so they want to find mistakes; No other agency does this. And we have a customer services team, for answering my customer's generic questions, when I'm on the phone. Yeah, I made the right decision ! Cruises Inc knows this industry and how to deal with these cruise lines ... Whether it be in negotiating our clients added savings/amenities, but in dealing with the "unknown" that can come up on your reservation !


KNOW … I have only been about to reach out and help all these folks because of YOU.
(Sorry, advertising dollars, and me reaching out on my own, is too limited !)
So EVERYDAY, by YOU reminding family and friends, I am here, I can help one more person that YOU know ! YOUR continued support is needed EVERYDAY, if I am going to reach more.

THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment