Sunday, March 25, 2012

Customers Ask, Do you watch the rates of your personal cruise, after you buy ?


Of course I do !
Though I'm terrible about "finally" finding time to get my own vacation booked, once it's booked, I watch that cruise constantly, up till I make final payment !

Who has more time to watch your cruise than you do !? Don't depend on anyone else to do this. Agents can barely find any non-phone time, to eat lunch/run to the restroom. And, it's often about, being at the right place at the right time ! Cruises can be on sale for an hour, with no advertisement ! So yes, you need to watch your cruise rate. If you don't know how to do it, ask your agent to show you how.

Then do as I tell my clients to do ... You call your agent, and you tell your agent the rate you saw. Then they can check it out, and call you back, once they have the new rate confirmed. It's as simple as that.

There are some offers, that you can not have, cause they're for new bookings only. Royal Caribbean is the worst for saying this, because, they will look to see if you cancelled and re-booked, and then you do not get the new offer. But rates, yes, you most often always get lower rates you see, just not any amenities, if it's for new bookings only. You can't have Princess/Holland America flash programs, if you already have a cruise booked, but these are often not offered till after final payment ... And, they are usually "run of ship", which most people don't want (so just cause you saw an offer, doesn't mean you would have bought it).

Just remember, if you buy last minute, and pay in full, you may as well STOP watching the rate. Cause for the most part, once you make final payment, the cruise line is not going to lower the rate, if it drops. And the reason, is because, if rates go down after final payment, it's about selling those cabins that no one wanted ! It's only fair, if we have the better cabins, that we don't get the lower rate. So STOP watching rates, once you make final payment. You don't need to know.

And don't listen to people when you get on your cruise, who try to tell you that they paid $2. Hear me ... People never remember they paid their deposit ... and they never remember that they paid all those taxes. So what they remember, is the cruise only rate minus the deposit. Example, I'm going on 7N cruise to Alaska in May. I was talking to my roommate other day, and I said, yep, we really got a deal, only $300+. She said, what ? I said, I mean, that was the cost with out any taxes. She said, oh yeah, you're right. See, even I quote the cruise only rate and no taxes. Everyone does this. It's all about what a person wants to remember in their subconscious as to what they paid. Try it. Remember just the cruise price minus the deposit and see if your rate doesn't sound like a steal, when you tell YOUR STORY !

No comments:

Post a Comment