Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Customers ask, Why do I like taking the train to Baltimore, New Jersey, or New York to catch my cruise ?


Click title and view someone else's point of view.

#1, I do not like driving, what so ever ! Send a helicopter for me, from Walmart, and I would go there every day ! #2, I love trains ! I think they are one of the most fun ways of getting around, besides sailing onboard a cruise ship !

Unlike in a plane, I do not feel I am so restrickted to my seat. Just the fact that I can get up and move around, allows me to "not" have that urge of wanting to get up, like I do, when I'm flying on a plane ! Sure, it's some what rocky when traveling to the rest room, but again, I don't seem to get up as much. I feel the seats are more roomier and so are the isles. It's also open seating, so you can sit where you want; Even alone !

When I want to walk around, like go to the dining cart or the snack area, I can do so. Or I can sit and look out the window; or read a book; or get on my cell phone. I feel more freedom when I'm on the train !

Like many do, when traveling my plane, I can bring my food, but more importantly, I can buy my drink in advance, and bring it on the train. And as long as you can handle your luggage, you can bring, just about, whatever you want. Sometimes, you can check your luggage, but you need to be sure of your destination before doing this. You also don't go through all that screening like you do to ride a plane.

Besides the east coast train to get to my ship, I've enjoyed many a train ride. I love all the one in Alaska, and I've repeated them several time (Fairbanks-Denali-Anchorage-Skagway). I'm planning to take the train from Seward to Anchorage in May of 2012. I've also done the trains in Australia ! I've taken trains in Japan. I may not opt to always go by train to get to my destination, but if the island or port I am visiting, offers trains, I usually take this option. I just love them.

I have 2 dream train trips I want. One is the Canadian Rockies, and the 2nd one is above New York, the Andirondacks. Neither have I yet to find time to put in my schedule ! The travel time, just for the Andirondacks is 2 days from LYH to Montreal, and then another 2 days back.

Tell me your love for trains and your favorite journeys !

No comments:

Post a Comment